Wednesday 3 February 2010

Where to begin

I have wanted to set up a Peak District blog for a while, partly to create a different slant on tourism in this area. I have been a local guide for nearly ten years, developing ghost walks and local history walks in the area. More recently I have been a part time guide at Chatsworth. But there's so much more to living in the Peak District. And there's so much more to learn here.
I was going to call this Life Love and Death in the Peak District, but love of the romantic variety  headed out of my life about this time two years ago, and I'll write about it soon because it was quite an exit! Life is what happens here every day - friends, family, work. Death delayed this first post when my father died on the morning of New Year's Day - January was the funeral month, as well as a family birthday month.
So this blog will be about me, my family, my interests now and my adventures in the past, and about one real life in the Peak District.

No comments:

Post a Comment