Saturday 5 June 2010

Morocco


Last night I went to see Jackson Browne at the City Hall in Sheffield. David Lindley played with him. Charlie and I had great seats. We hung round the stage door afterwards with a mix of middle aged men ( mostly) and women, and the occasional youngster like Charlie. Charlie chatted to him, and gave him his new vistaprint business card so Jackson could see him on myspace. Jackson and David had mentioned Martin Simpson. They were thrilled because they had had the opportunity to go round to his house in Sheffield and have lunch with him before the concert. Charlie and I saw Martin Simpson with John Boden at the Boardwalk a couple of weeks ago - a very memorable night.So I talked to Jackson about Martin Simpson.
When I got up this morning I remembered my friend Cathy in Casablanca - all those years ago - she came back from Essouira really excited to have sat next to Jackson Browne in a cafe there. I was always a little bit envious of that missed opportunity.
So on a rainy night in Sheffield - yes it did rain there briefly - I fulfilled a dream from almost 30 years ago.
I wore the bracelets I bought in Essouira last night - I still wear them on an almost daily basis.
Life does seem to be a spiral.

No comments:

Post a Comment