Saturday 24 April 2010

The circle game


Everything seems to be coming round again - astrologers would say it's my second Saturn return, when life is reassessed, in preparation for the next 28 years! On the 8th Day, where I used to work in Manchester, is celebrating its 40 th birthday this year. My time there was an enormous influence on my attitude to life, work and friendships, and I'm really looking forward to being involved in the preparations for the celebrations. Last weekend I visited a friend I have known since those days at her new home in Bath. It was wonderful to see her and her husband ( and cats) in their lovely new home in such a beautiful city. Old bonds.Lots of past but plenty of present too in our relationship. This week I went to Radio Derby to record some more stories - anecdotes about things that have happened to me, and again I was reliving some special times in the telling. The interviewer's response made me appreciate that I have had an interesting and eventful life, and that while I sometimes get frustrated with the limitations of my days here in the Peak District, it still presents opportunities. Great bus journey home from Derby - the frustration of the bus not turning up, the classic scenario of two Transpeak buses turning up at once, but the most surreal explanation for lateness from the driver - the air filter on the bus was full of volcanic ash and had to be changed. There wasn't the hint of a smile....

No comments:

Post a Comment